September 19, 2017

Five Things I regret Doing This Year

June is past and only three months remain for this year to bid farewell. I think it is the right time to list the five major things I regret doing this year so far. But before you scroll down and start judging me (which you will, owing to the mindset), remember- To err is human: to forgive divine.

1.   Giving up on my book
Pursuing your passion is not an easy task. With a full-time job, it is practically impossible to find the time and devote time to the challenges of the unanticipated. Earlier this year, while battling with the correction deadlines and the lesson preparations, I gave up on my book, hanging it out to dry. Only now I realize that the fracas is never-ending and it will be quite a challenge to resume the writing.

2.   Holding on to the beautiful clothes
It is very difficult for me to get rid of the clothes that become battered. Preserving them till eternity and then ending up not using them ever, is my normal story. Just last week, while cleaning my cupboard, I came across the copious collection of clothes I had and some of them met me for the first time.

3.   Respecting the opinions of others
It is rightly said: ‘Take others’ opinions lightly. Very Lightly’, and I regret not following this earlier. The world is full of meddlesome people and they never miss an opportunity to opine about you. It is okay to ignore people at times and make them realize that their opinion is no longer wanted.

4.   Being sedentary
Like most people, I cherish the idea of sitting at my desk and working. But it is only now that I realize the repercussions of my actions. My job keeps me on my toes and using this as an excuse, I refrain from doing any exercise. But better late than never! It is not a resolution but it is a determined decision- that I will work out at least for 30 minutes each day.

5.   Making fear-driven decisions

Last month, when I finally attended the Blogger’s meet, I overcame my fear of facing new people. Not a very social person, I loathe the idea of attending a gathering full of unknown people. I regret missing the major meets in my city because of all the wrong decisions I made. I am working on my social skills and I hope I can conquer the fear and seize every opportunity to meet new people.

1 comment:

  1. 5 mistakes of my life 😉
    But instead of mistakes if u count ur glories it would overshadow them all.
    U r doing an excellent job. Keep up the good work dear. !!!

    ReplyDelete