It’s fun to get together and have something good to eat at least once a day. That’s what human life is all about- enjoying things! The other day, while browsing through the Indi blogger Website, I came across “Blog your way to Italy” and my foodie stomach started sending out signals that clearly urged me to participate in that contest. The best part was that “Del Monte” was sponsoring it. I have always loved and relished Del Monte’s taste and the quality of its products and here I was getting a chance to experiment by putting in my uncanny ideas into action. I was so happy that I could not wait to tell my husband. Being a foodie himself and a hardcore Punjabi, he immediately agreed to participate. We waited for the week to get over and started with our project on the weekend.
Here is the “Gustoso Desi White Sauce Pasta” recipe:
**Please use clean utensils while cooking because “Cleanliness is next to Godliness”.
Ingredients needed (Ingredienti necessari)- for three servings
w Chopped onion (1-2)
w Garlic paste
w Chopped coriander leaves
w Frozen corn (Half bowl)
w Frozen Peas (Half bowl)
w Chopped capsicum (1)
w Grated cheese (1-2 slices)
w Oregano (2-3 tbsp)
w Spices- salt, Jeera powder, chilli powder, Garam Masala, Coriander powder (according to taste)
w Refined oil (2 tbsp) or butter
w Del Monte Pasta (250 gm) for three servings
1. Take two tablespoons of refined oil or butter and add to the pan. Keep the flame or temperature in the case of induction, low.
2. Add chopped onion and sauté till it becomes golden brown. Now add garlic paste, followed by all the veggies- frozen corn, chopped capsicum and frozen peas. Mix all the ingredients properly.
3. Add a pinch of salt to the mixture and cook for two to three minutes.
5. Add oregano and mix. Normally oregano is used for garnishing but this is where the essence of this ingredient is tested. I have tried adding oregano while cooking and trust me, the taste is altogether different.
6. Cook the pasta such that there are no lumps and the ingredients do not stick to the base. In case they do, add half a cup of water and mix well.
7. Add spices according to taste and keep stirring for another five minutes.
8. Garnish with freshly cut coriander leaves and grated cheese. To enhance taste, you can also add butter cubes while the pasta is in the pan.
“Action will remove the doubt that theory cannot” and hence here is the video showing the list of ingredients and the detailed- step by step procedure of cooking the yummilicious pasta- Gustoso Desi White Sauce Pasta recipe video.
**If your taste buds crave for red sauce or tomato, then a few twists and turns can convert this very recipe into the “Gustoso Desi Red Sauce Pasta”. All you need is a paste of tomatoes (2) and garlic (one unit), red chilli and tomato ketchup. Along with the ingredients mentioned above, add these ingredients and serve yourselves!
Post a Comment